Trusted Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney
Gal Pissetzky devotes his life to defending the rights of those accused with a variety of state and federal criminal felony charges. Mr. Pissetzky has taken over 100 cases to trial both before a jury and before a judge. He has litigated Fourth and Fifth Amendment motions in which law enforcement violated his client's Constitutional rights. Mr. Pissetzky has handled multi-issue complex trials and appeals. He has argued before the Illinois Supreme Court, as well as numerous Illinois and Federal Appellate Courts. His practice focuses on defending clients accused of large-scale drug crimes, white collar crimes, murder, attempted murder and other violent crimes, gun offenses and sex offenses, as well as any criminal forfeiture proceedings that occur as a result of the criminal charges.
He has been vigorously representing clients in both the state and federal court systems for well over a decade. Located in Chicago, he represents clients throughout Illinois and the country. Mr. Pissetzky prides himself on providing superior client service. He is truly dedicated to protecting the rights of his clients and preserving their future.
Mr. Pissetzky combines his vast legal knowledge with his superior understanding of the court systems to provide the best possible defense for his clients. He will listen to his clients, conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation, and analyze the applicable law in light of the specific facts in order to pursue the best defense possible.
Mr. Pissetzky is a well-respected member of the legal community. He has represented many clients in high-profile cases, and is frequently quoted in the press. He regularly appears on TV as the legal consultan/advisor regarding high profile criminal cases.
Attorney Pissetzky has gained recognition from numerous prestigious organizations, including:
- Illinois' Rising Stars 2011™ by Super Lawyers ®magazine
- "10 Best Client Satisfaction" attorneys by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- "Top 100 Trial Lawyers: Illinois" by The American Trial Lawyers Association
Mr. Pissetzky began his successful career as a defense attorney in 2002 after spending four years with the Cook County State Attorney's Office. He obtained his J.D. from the John Marshall Law School. He is a member of the Illinois Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Illinois Active And Authorized To Practice Law 2000
- Partner at Pissetzky & Berliner, LLC (2006-present)
- Partner at Meczyk & Associates (2002-2006)
- Assistant State's Attorney at Cook County State's Attorney's Office (2000-2002)
- J.D., John Marshall Law School, Chicago Law, 2000
- B.A., University of Illinois, Chicago Criminal Law and Political Science , 1997
- Rising Star Super Lawyer™, 2011
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2009
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers American Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- Cum Laude John Marshall Law School, 2000
- Honors University of Illinois, Chicago, 1997
- Parental Problems with Student Activities - Television Show
Discuss your charges with Mr. Pissetzky today by calling (312) 883-9466.